Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Welcome!!!


Hi! I'm April. I am a stay-at-home mom of three busy kids. (Braeden is 7y, Ashlyn is almost 5y, and Finn is 9 months.) I cook because I have to not because I like it. This blog is for moms like me--you know you're out there. Plodding away day after day. Throwing stuff together because your family has to eat.

My repertoire used to be full of processed foods. My husband and I have decided to eat better. Less processed food, more organic food. It required me to dig a little deeper to come up with simple, quick meals.

I often don't plan ahead so cooking for me is often like pulling a rabbit out of the proverbial hat. Tonight's magic trick is chicken lasagna. I went to the freezer and pulled out frozen chicken, started defrosting and 'planning' my meal. I looked through the cupboards and found a partially used package of lasagna noodles and idea started forming. I sauteed the chicken, ground it in the food processor, added some spices, cooked the noodles, and started layering. We didn't have and ricotta so I left that out. It has chicken, lasagna noodles, spices, mozzarella, and parmesan. Off to taste...Mmmm...not bad. Not bad at all. The kids like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment