Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tonight's adventure: Meatloaf and Roasted Potatoes


As usual, I perused the cabinets to gather bits and pieces to be assembled into something that I can call dinner. We were going to have soup and biscuits. But that's in there for emergencies. Sooooo...I kept looking. Ground beef, potatoes...meatloaf and baked potatoes? We've had a lot of baked potatoes lately so I decided to roast the potatoes with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil instead. (My daughter in particular is not a fan of 'spices' especially onion so I generally use garlic and onion powder instead of the real thing. It's sad but I do want them to eat the food I make.

The meatloaf is ground beef mixed with an egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Then I form it into a flat loaf (cooks more quickly). After placing it on the stone, I brush it with some ketchup and worcestershire sauce. I like my meatloaf to have a bit of a glaze on it.

Broccoli or salad would be a great accompaniment but alas we have neither sooo....carrots it is. Such is life in my house. :)

Oh wait...we do have some leftover red leaf romaine so I'll make a simple salad with carrots.

(Picture will come after it's all done cooking.)

1 comment: